Medical Micro Needling & PRP Doctor NYC
FREE MICRO-NEEDLING CONSULTATIONS
Micro-Needling & Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
Micro-Needling with Eclipse MicroPen™
The Eclipse MicroPen™ is a state-of-the-art, automated micro-needling medical device offered by Dr. Douglas Senderoff at his NYC medical practice that is used for extraordinary anti-aging treatments. This revolutionary technology allows us to treat patients more efficiently and comfortably and yield faster results.
- Micro-Needling is offered with or without the addition of Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP).
- Micro-Needling is a non-surgical anti-aging / skin rejuvenation treatment that produces exceptional results.
- Medical Micro-Needling (also known as Collagen Induction Therapy and commonly referred to as “derma rolling”) is a new medical skin rejuvenation innovation in aesthetic medicine for treating the appearance of fine lines, acne scars, and improvement of the skin’s overall appearance.
What Does Micro-Needling Treat?
- Very effective in improving fine lines and deep (and fine) wrinkles
- Tightens skin and improves tone
- Promotes collagen and elastin production
- Dramatic improvement in acne scarring (especially effective on deep acne scars)
- Dramatic improvement in hyperpigmentation resulting in even skin tone
- Improves surgical scars
- Prevents pre-mature aging
- Decreases the appearance of age spots
- Decreases pore size
- Improves the appearance of Rosacea
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
Many of our NYC patients seek a natural method for facial rejuvenation. PRP therapy achieves skin rejuvenation with your body’s own unique cells and more specifically, autologous platelet-rich plasma.
Blood contains plasma, red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. The platelet-rich plasma is extracted from patients’ blood and re-injected on desired areas. The platelets gradually increase collagen which thickens and rejuvenates the skin. Blood is drawn from the arm in the same way as with any blood test. Then, using a medical centrifuge and a special method, platelet-rich plasma is isolated from the resultant growth factors. Using a very thin needle, the growth factors are injected into the desired areas. Once injected, the platelets immediately activate the body’s localized stem cells and begin rejuvenating and revitalizing the scalp to produce growth. The procedure is very tolerable with minimal discomfort and little to no downtime.
PRP is safe and natural because the procedure concentrates the regenerating cells from your own body directly back into the area where they are needed.
How Is Micro-Needling Different From Lasers?
Unlike lasers, Eclipse MicroPen® skin rejuvenation treatments with PRP breaks up pigment mechanically and stimulates collagen formation without heat. Removing heat from the equation makes for a safer, more comfortable treatment with a very low complication rate.
No heat also equals less downtime! Most Eclipse MicroPen® patients are red for 24 hours or less. That advantage means you can get the procedure performed on a Friday and be back to normal for work on Monday.
A numbing agent can be applied to the desired treatment area to maximize patient comfort. One treatment per month for up to three months is typically required for optimal results, and long-lasting results can be maintained with follow-up treatments every 6 to 12 months.
What Do I Need To Do Before a Platelet Rich Plasma procedure?
- Be well hydrated 48 hours leading up to the procedure
- Reduce your fat intake
- Reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake
- If you are a smoker, reduce cigarettes
- Stop taking omegas, green teas, and all supplements that increase bruising
How Long is the Recovery Process?
Redness, swelling, slight pain, bruising, or all these signs can possibly happen in the treatment area(s). These side effects usually subside in a few hours to a few days. Patients can go back to daily activities straight after the treatment.
For more information on Micro-Needling & PRP or a complimentary Micro-Needling & PRP consultation, please feel free to contact the NYC Plastic Surgeon, Douglas M. Senderoff, MD, FACS, today by phoning 212-481-3939 or using the eForm on the right.
Dr. Douglas Senderoff
461 Park Avenue South, 7th Floor
New York, New York 10016