Top Arm Lift / Brachioplasty Plastic Surgeon NYC
FREE ARM LIFT / BRACHIOPLASTY PLASTIC SURGERY CONSULTATIONS
The top rated arm lift board certified NYC plastic surgeon, Dr. Douglas Senderoff often sees clients who have lost a significant amount of weight and whose skin on the upper arms has started to sag. Sagging of the skin of the upper arms can also due to aging, particularly if one is untoned. Sometimes the upper arms have hard-to-shift fat deposits. Arm lift plastic surgery (brachioplasty) is performed to create smoother, tighter upper arm contours and improved skin texture.
An arm reduction or “brachioplasty” is a body contouring plastic surgery operation that removes excess skin between your elbow and the armpit and reduces excess fat in the arms to create a smoother and more toned appearance to the upper arms.
“He is the best of the best plastic surgeon’s in NYC. Beautiful high-tech office, offers complimentary plastic surgery consultations, the entire staff is highly intelligent, prices are the best that I have seen in Manhattan. Dr. Douglas Senderoff is a class act and from the moment you speak with him you will know that he is the real deal. He has hundreds and hundreds of before after photos that you can look through. Also, he has a state of the art device to see what you will look like after plastic surgery. My results EXCEEDED my expectations. Thank you DR. Senderoff you are patient, empathetic, and your results are beautifully live changing!” ~ RealSelf
The top of the upper arm can be toned by exercise, but it is difficult to target the drooping skin on the underside after elasticity has been lost and the tissues there have become weakened or stretched.
Both women and men may benefit from having arm reduction surgery after significant weight loss or when aging causes the skin to droop and hang.
Arm lift plastic surgery with the Manhattan plastic surgeon restores proportion in keeping with other parts of your body that may have aged less obviously or have benefited from improved contour after weight loss, exercise, or other body contouring surgery.
About the Arm Lift (Brachioplasty) Procedure
- The procedure is performed under general anesthesia.
- An incision is made over the skin; the length and pattern of which depends upon the location and amount of excess skin to be removed as well as the judgment of the plastic surgeon.
- In general, incisions are placed on the inner side of the arm or on the back of the arm that may extend from the underarm (axilla) to the elbow.
- During the procedure, the excessive fat is removed through liposuction.
- Internal sutures help in forming new contours by tightening the underlying supportive tissues.
- A small, thin tube is placed under the skin for the drainage of excessive blood or accumulated fluid.
- Finally, the incisions are closed either by sutures, skin adhesives, or tapes.
How long do the results of Arm Reduction Surgery last?
The general results after having an arm reduction with the top rated Manhattan, NYC plastic surgeon are long-lasting if you keep to a stable weight and maintain good fitness levels. However, with the natural effects of age, you may lose firmness in the upper arm over time.
Will there be a scar after Arm Reduction Surgery?
There will be a scar, which may span from your underarm to your elbow, or may be shorter in length. Dr. Senderoff will explain the likely extent of scarring during your complimentary consultation, when you will be shown arm reduction before and after photographs of our previous patients, to indicate the results you can expect from arm reduction plastic surgery.
The basic post-operative instructions after brachioplasty include:
- Keep the incision dry and clean.
- Regular dressing of the incisions to help in healing.
- Regular intake of the prescribed medications.
- Avoid strenuous activities, for a specified period during recovery, as recommended by the NYC plastic surgeon.
- Avoid excessive force or motion during the healing of the surgical incisions.
For more information on brachioplasty (arm lift surgery) or a complimentary plastic surgery consultation please feel free to contact the NYC Plastic Surgeon, Douglas M. Senderoff, MD, FACS, today by phoning 212-481-3939.
Dr. Douglas Senderoff
461 Park Avenue South, 7th Floor
New York, New York 10016