Laser Scar Treatment Specialist NYC
FREE LASER SCAR TREATMENT CONSULTATIONS
- Scar removal, scar revision and scar reduction.
Laser scar removal is significantly and dramatically more effective than micro-dermabrasion, chemical peels, any over the counter treatment, scar creams, scar lotions, or silicone scar sheets. Laser scar removal is highly successful and no other scar treatment compares to the results achieved with a laser. Lasers are the most popular and effective treatment for scars on your face or body. The number of laser treatments to reduce your scar will depend on the severity of your scar. Though no facial scar can be completely removed, lasers will significantly reduce the appearance of your scar making it almost imperceptible.
Though Dr. Douglas Senderoff’s MediSpa has numerous lasers he most frequently uses Alma Laser for scar removal. Alma Lasers use various wavelength and intensity to recontour scar tissue and reduce the redness of skin around the scar. The type of laser intensity used is determined by the severity and type of scar that you have.
- We offer free consultations in order to assess your particular condition and provide you with useful honest information about your particular case.
- We have found that acne scars, surgical scars, chicken pock scars, and superficial scars on the face respond extremely well to laser scar treatments. Surgical scars from liposuction or breast implants or any plastic surgery procedure also respond exceptionally well.
- If you have a scar anywhere on your face or body lasers will yield an amazing result.
Each type of scar creates the need for sensitive diagnosis and treatment planning. The component of a scar can be linear, raised, thick, depressed, uneven, vascular, hyperpigmented (brown discoloration) or hypopigmented (devoid of color).
Laser scar treatments use the laser’s concentrated light energy. The laser is carefully power-calibrated to your specific skin condition. Delivery of this additional “energy” below your surface skin triggers fibroblasts to become active again… dividing … stimulating ‘normal’ collagen production. Result? Skin thickens, with your scar area more closely resembling the surrounding skin tissue.
- Many people who come to the NYC plastic surgeon have facial scars that they would like to reduce and/or eliminate. Laser scar treatments performed at the board certified plastic surgeon’s NYC facility can provide an extremely quick and effective scar treatment solution. Whether you have acne scars, surgical scars, or any other facial scar as a result from injury, the doctor has the right laser to significantly improve and oftentimes eliminate your facial scar.
With laser scar treatment, the focus is on developing new collagen in the lower layer of skin. The laser plumps the lower skin tissue by stimulating the development of new collagen, which fills the scars from the bottom up. After the scar treatment, the skin regenerates, coming back firmer, fuller and smoother.
Scar removal is treated in much the same way as fine line and wrinkle removal. Lasers promote new collagen growth, filling scars from the inside out. Brown and red discoloration left from acne scars are also removed using treatments similar to the removal of pigmented lesions and vascular lesions. We will customize a laser plan to ensure that we will dramatically improve if not eliminate your scars – acne scars, surgical scar, chicken pock scars, and plastic surgery procedure scars, or virtually any scar that you may have on your face or any part body (including stretch marks): neck, back, chest, arms, buttocks, etc.
To schedule a complimentary consultation or to inquire about scar treatments with Alma Lasers, please feel free to contact Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Douglas M. Senderoff, MD, FACS, at his Manhattan, New York office. The procedures are life changing.
For more information or a complimentary scar removal consultation please feel free to contact us:
Dr. Douglas Senderoff
461 Park Avenue South, 7th Floor
New York, New York 10016